Monday, January 10, 2005

who am i, that You listen?

Father, you know that I am learning to Love you with my life. my feelings change often... i feel bad about that. i'm feeling some of that religious obligation creeping in, and to be honest, right now i am feeling comfortable with my concept of You.

i don't want that. please challenge and stretch me theologically, spiritually, and teach me some new stuff. i want to learn, and i want to live what i learn, and i know You have the wisdom i need and crave so desperately. please grant me that wisdom, in school, in friendships, in telling Your story (thanks for Sadopa!), and in my relationship with Llaura (my romance).

tomorrow is a question mark, and i have alot of worries, but i know You're faithful. please be gracious to me, and bless my feeble efforts. teach me how to work hard. i want to learn that, i really want to learn that, this semester, and for the rest of my life. please grant me a job, so that i can learn to be more independent from other people and more dependent on You, the source of everything i have and enjoy in life.

please work Your miracles in Llaura's life, for Your name's sake and for her sake and for our relationship's sake.

please bless her family, Alissa and Lisa and Dave especially, with some new guidance. please restore their lives, and teach them to live the lives You give them within the context of Your coming kingdom.

please enable me to do well in my classes, especially my theology classes.

please teach me True Llllove.

thank You for what You've done, recently and in the distant past. i know You're the way, God. please prod me when i become complacent. please show me the value of Your words.

please reveal to me whatever it is i need to do next. please give me that next step.

please help me to be patient. i want to be patient, waiting on You and on others.

thank You for listening, and for granting my requests, for giving me everything i need, and for being a God of second chances and ridiculous patience.

amen.

No comments: