Monday, September 06, 2004

9-5-04

FDC is like coming out of the water to breathe pure, fresh air. It's only a week long, though. Maybe that's part of what makes it so special. VUSC has been like having my glasses cleaned, or my sinuses cleared by some deliciously spicy Thai food. It's great so far, and I'm thankful that You've brought me here.

I'm really smiling over Mariners, too. I felt like you really were the pilot a few days ago, when you made me turn around and check out their booth. I'm a little anxious about the thing this weekend... please help me to get it arranged quickly. I'm trying not to set myself up for disappointment, but it's hard not to be excited when I feel like I'm being guided.

Thank You for my relationship blessings. They rule. Thanks for Alexa, and please shape that into what You want. Help me be real.

Please continue to provide for and protect my family at home: Mom, Dad, Hannah, Eli, Jesse, Reuben, Leah, and Gabriel. I know You're active there. Thank You. Please help Eli to grow spiritually, and Hannah to become solid in her faith, to know You truly, and to discern Your good, pleasing, perfect will in all things.

Please prepare Alexa for the faith, and prepare a place for her where she can grow and mature spiritually. I know that I can't do everything, and also that it isn't just the direct touch of the Holy Spirit that changes people. Please arrange things for her Good, and direct me in whatever way best benefits her soul. Please give her a desire for true life, true love, and true community, with You and with others.

Thank you for this good feeling. Thanks for answering my prayer. Please continue to teach me patience, and kindness.

Amen.

No comments: